Dental implants are prosthetic teeth that are used to replace missing natural teeth. They are implanted into the jawbone with the help of a metal stud that is usually made from Titanium. A ceramic crown made from dental-grade material is placed on the metal stud, and it acts as the replacement tooth.
Why should you choose dental implants?
- Implants are known for their superior strength and stability.
- They are highly recommended by dentists as they not only restore the aesthetics of the smile but also improve the functionality of the mouth.
- Patients receiving dental implants will be able to bite and chew food as they used to earlier.
- The patient’s phonetics will be restored to normal.
- Since the metal stud is implanted into the jawbone, it prevents the drifting of the adjoining teeth.
- The metal stud has screw-like grooves on its surface. They help to hold the jawbone intact and prevent its deterioration.
- The ceramic crown used to fabricate the replacement tooth is made from dental-grade material. It is highly durable and resistant to staining.
- Implants are long-lasting. With optimum care, they last for several years together without hassle.
- The crown can be customized in terms of color, texture, translucency, and contour to look precisely like the adjoining natural teeth.
What is the procedure involved?
During the initial consultation, the dentist will thoroughly diagnose your mouth to check for factors that could influence the procedure. Some of them are jawbone health, jawbone size, the overall state of health, gum diseases, spacing available to place the implant, drifting of teeth, etc. Once the candidacy is determined, you will be prepared for the procedure.
To have a consultation with our dentists, request an appointment online or
call us at (262) 634-8662, and we will be happy to help.