Each year, millions of Americans reach out to dentists to treat misaligned teeth. Misaligned teeth, also known as malocclusion, affects not only your facial aesthetics and confidence in your smile, but also your oral health. We recommend treating misaligned teeth so you can take advantage of the oral health and overall benefits!
Common orthodontic appliances
Dental braces have been the go-to solution to treat misaligned teeth for years. Braces are highly effective, but they do have a few drawbacks such as appearance and some difficulty in cleaning around brackets and wires. One excellent alternative to traditional braces is treatment with clear aligners. ClearCorrect™ clear aligners are removable orthodontic appliances that are made from a clear plastic material. When patients put the aligners on, it will hardly be visible due to its transparent nature. They have several advantages over dental braces, making it a highly sought-after solution to treat malocclusion.
The dentist will conduct a thorough diagnosis of the mouth to understand the type and severity of the malocclusion. A 3D digital scan of your teeth will be taken, along with photos, to begin the diagnostic process. The dentist can view the teeth up close and analyze the minute details using these scanned images. Your dentist will then utilize ClearCorrect™ treatment planning software to create a customized care plan for you.
During the second appointment, the dentist will hand you the aligners and take you through their usage. Though the aligners are removable, you shouldn’t take them off frequently. You should wear them for at least 22 hours a day, every day. This allows the aligner to move the teeth to their desired positions within the expected duration of treatment. You can remove the aligners while eating food and brushing the teeth. The dentist will provide you with a new set of aligners every few weeks. Every time you start using a new set of aligners, they may feel a tad uncomfortable in your mouth but, the feeling will wear off within a few days.
Why should you choose ClearCorrect™?
- Since the aligners are made from a dental-grade plastic material, they are biocompatible and will not irritate the gums.
- They are discreet and can’t be spotted easily when you smile or talk.
- ClearCorrect™ is entirely metal-free. It doesn’t have any sharp components, such as brackets or wires that can injure the soft tissues of your mouth.
- The aligners can be removed when you have any important meeting, a presentation, a date, or any other occasion. However, they must be worn for at least 22 hours a day to stay on track with treatment times.
- You can eat any food you wish to during the treatment phase. This luxury isn’t always the case with traditional braces as sticky food could get stuck between the wires, or hard foods could damage them.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Barnes, request an appointment online or
call us at (262) 634-8662, and we will be happy to help!